Option choices for GCSEs are the first time you will make major decisions which affect your education. On this site you will find information about all the “option” subjects you can choose, as well as the core subjects you have to take.
The following subjects are compulsory at Key Stage 4.
- Maths, English, Science, RE, Welsh, ICT, Welsh Baccalaureate and Games
- There will be a choice of up to 26 option subjects.
- week commencing 12th January – Assemblies outlining course details.
- Thursday 15th January – Year 9 Parents Evening: a chance for parents to discuss progress and suitability of students continuing with existing subjects.
- week commencing 26th January – Options Talks with Mr Bryn Jones: an explanation of the Key Stage 4 curriculum pathway choices to pupils.
- Thursday 29th January – Parents Information Evening: an outline of the Key Stage 4 curriculum choices to parents.
- 24th February – Deadline for preferred option choices to be made
- March – Final Option Columns determined – Interviews with students with issues when option columns are determined.
- April – Details of classes running / timetabling for Year 10 begins.