Option choices for GCSEs are the first time you will make major decisions which affect your education. On this site you will find information about all the “option” subjects you can choose, as well as the core subjects you have to take.
- The following subjects are compulsory to take at Key Stage 4:
- There will also be a choice from up to 26 option subjects.
On this site you can find information about:
- The process of choosing options
- The curriculum plan for year 10 – showing how many hours each subject has
- The option columns
- Advice on choosing options
- Information on key terms used
- Further support for careers guidance
- Information from Welsh Government about changes to the curriculum
There is also detailed information about ALL the core and option subjects. Please use the menu to navigate.
Presentation from the Parents/Carers Information Evening
Please click on the image below to download Mr Dyson’s options presentation in PDF format.